Blog Archive

Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Moment with Eric Schlosser and a Movie


I rarely read the Princeton Alumni Weekly, but the November 19th issue, devoted to food, had my attention since it made it through the door. I haven't had a chance to read through all the interesting articles, except for an interview with "Fast Food Nation" author Eric Schlosser (apparently a 1981 Princeton Alumni). The full text of the interview can be found here. He makes interesting points about his career, the Slow Food movement and future US food policy.

In the introduction, the article mentions that Eric Schlosser is a co-producer to a new Robert Kenner (who is he anyways?) documentary, "Food, Inc.". It is shockingly difficult to find information about the movie (yes, I did Google it!)... There isn't even a trailer! Some info can be found here and here. Quoting one of the interviews: I have to admit that after coming out of a packed screening Monday afternoon of "Food Inc,." I was suddenly convinced that all my vegetarian pals were a lot smarter than I'd ever imagined. Yes, I know, that's just mean on my side.

Anyways, something to look forward to.

No comments: