Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

30-day-notice Strawberry Jam

Because I made this on the night I got my 30-day-notice to move out of my current house. *Sigh.* A girl's got to cheer herself up somehow. I guess making strawberry jam and watching The Dish worked for me. The fresh California strawberries I bought last Wednesday at the farmers market were turning into dehydrated and/or rotten strawberries so I decided to practice my jam making technique for next weekend and make a small batch as suggested by Cooking Up a Story. I also liked her recipe because it uses very little sugar ... so I borrowed it. Here ya go.

Strawberry Jam

3 C sliced strawberries
1 C sugar
2 Tbs lemon juice

Yields: very little


I would recommend that you watch the video but it is a whole of 10 minutes long so here is the abridged version: mix everything in a wide pot, bring to boil and simmer for ~15 minutes until it starts to thicken, pour into a jar, wait to cool, eat. This only made about a cup and a half of jam, not even a full jar so I didn't bother sterilizing and sealing it - I just put it in the fridge for immediate consumption. James asked me to leave some for him to try it. It is Tuesday, he is coming on Thursday... this will be hard...

No comments: